Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blog Assignment #11

Ms. Cassidy's class video

Ms. Cassidy's approach to the use of technology in the classroom is impressive considering the age of her students.  Ms. Cassidy teaches first grade in Moose Jaw, Canada.  Her students use blogs and they enjoy getting comments back on their work.  When the students receive comments it help keep them motivated to do well because they know that other people can read their work.  This is also used as an exercise to teach her students how to compliment other students by leaving positive comments on the classmates blogs.  She uses other forms of technology in the classroom such as video games to make learning fun and it teaches the students to share.  She also has a class website which is very informative for the parents.  I think it is amazing that she is able to keep up with all of the technology while working with all of these little students.  
google images technology in the classroom

My biggest concern with all of the use of technology is exposing young students to too much too soon.  I think that there are a lot of safety measures that have to be put into place.  I think that there are many benefits to using technology in the classrooms and it will help prepare these students for the future.  I plan on using a classroom website and a classroom blog.  I will be teaching at a higher level so I hope that they will have learned to share by then!  I will use my PLN for help when I am looking for new projects and ways to use new technology in my classroom.          

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you had some great thoughts about Ms. Cassidy’s class video. I agree with you that it is impressive that this type of technology works well for this age group! With us both having children of our own, we understand the importance of keeping parents involved in students learning. I think it is great that Ms. Cassidy incudes the parents. I also agree with you about how great it is that she is staying up-to-date with technology and still teaching her first graders how to use it! I did see a couple of minor mistakes in your blog post. In the first paragraph, the sentence, “When the students receive comments it help keep them motivated to do well…” I would change “help” to “helps.” In the sentence, “This is also used as an exercise to teach her students how to compliment other students by leaving positive comments on the classmates blogs.” Change “classmates” to “classmate’s.” Overall you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete