Sunday, December 2, 2012

C4T #4

Ms. Hadley is a middle school History teacher and posted on how foreign starting a PLN can be.  She mentions that she likes to communicate with other educators, but she does not like feeling so exposed.  She does find her PLN to be beneficial, but she expresses that it is not the same as talking to someone face to face.

I am a student as well in EDM310 at The University of South Alabama.  From the first day of EDM310 I have been out of my comfort zone.  I have learned a lot of technology that I can use in the classroom.  We have been exposed to so much that it is a bit overwhelming.  I feel like to much time can be put into technology and not enough into teaching. I really like your comment to Stacy.  I do not think that you could have said that any better "The best person with technology will never be better than a passionate educator! A dedicated teacher who sees each student and cares about him or her is much more important than someone who has all of the digital tools and none of the commitment to meet every child where they are".  Thank you!

On Ms. Hadley's blog post on "It's Time to Write!" she wants students to free write on whatever they feel like writing about.  She gives them forty minutes to do this and as they write she watches their body language and studies them.  She feels that she can learn about their strengths and weaknesses through this exercise.  I think that it is good for students to have to slow down and think about their feelings and write them down and put them into their own words without being persuaded by someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment